Follow on Twitter

Monday, November 19, 2012

Meta-Responses and other infomation

On the back of each week's reading log, there is a Meta-Response prompt. The meta-response lets students write about what they are thinking as they read. A good meta response not only gives a specific example from the book, but also explains why that connection was made. The top response(s) of this week are copied below:


When I was reading: "Ten Ruloes for Living with my Sister  I thought about "how nervous Pearl felt when Daddy-Bo took Pearl to New Jersey without Pearl's parents knowing. I know this [feeling] because one time my best friend and I went somewhere without my parents knowing."


When I was reading: "Big Nate, I felt as aggravated as Nate" I thought about "how mad it is to have somebody else on your fleece ball team pick your team name for you, the team captain."

Encourage eachother to talk about what you are thinking AND why you are thinking that  as you read in addition to the plot of the story!

 Gobble gobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment