Follow on Twitter

Friday, November 9, 2012

Meta-Responses and other infomation


On the back of each week's reading log, there is a Meta-Response prompt. The meta-response lets students write about what they are thinking as they read. The top response(s) of this week are copied below:


When I was reading: "Nancy Drew and the Ivory Charm I felt scared for the Indian boy when we was trapped in ropes." I thought about "what will happen to Nancy. Will she find out who knocked out Mr. Batt or will someone get captured or go to the police station and get arrested."

When I was reading: "The Ghost of Fossil Glen" I thought about "when Allie was stuck on top of Fossil Cliff, I made a text to self connection. When I was 8, I went rock climbing. When I reached the top of the rock wall, I was too scared to come down, and just hung there for a few minutes. When I finally got down, I promised myself never to go rock climbing again. But my promise didn't stick."

Encourage eachother to talk about what you are thinking about as you read in addition to the plot of the story!

In read aloud we continue to carve out time to for our book, The Watsons go to Birmingham. Ask your child about the auction. Its seemed like a big hit. We will have another before 2012 ends. In addition, we plan to wrap up our feature articles by November 20th. Be on the look out for rubrics, requirements and deadline information this next week. Book Club will start up again this Wednesday!


Keep it up!
Mr. Rabinowitz

PS no school on Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment