Follow on Twitter

Sunday, August 25, 2013

First day of school

Hello 4th grade students and parents and welcome back!  I am so excited to meet all of my new students and begin our fantastic year.  For those of you who do not know me, let me tell you a bit about myself.

This is my 4th year teaching 4th grade at Westerly Creek Elementary.  Before that, I taught 4th grade at Slavens, second grade at Denver Jewish Day, and second grade at Vail Mountain School.  Since I think that Westerly Creek is such a wonderful school, I recently moved to the neighborhood.  I'm sure I see will many of you around town.

In my spare time, I like to mountain bike, ski, swim and entertain my two daughters, Willa and Piper.  I also like reading novels by Carl Hiassen and John Grisham.  My favorite "kid" authors are Christopher Paul Curtis, and Mo Willems.

I'd like every student to bring in at least three pictures of themselves with their family or friends to decorate our classroom with (you may not get them back until the end of the year. )  Also, please bring a water bottle and any other school supplies that you may have forgotten.  

For tomorrow, please look for our class on the east end of the playground; I will have a blue flag.  

If you need to reach me, I am at school at 8:00 a.m. or available from 3:45 to 4:15.  Please feel free to stop in or email me anytime.  

Happy trails,
Mr. Rabinowitz

No comments:

Post a Comment